Building a rainwater harvesting structure was a new experience for our team. We had never constructed a huge 10 meters long, 2 meters wide and 5 meters deep underground rainwater harvesting structure. In the end we built more than 10 such structures.
- Location = Aerotropolis City.
- Size of one structure = 10m X 2m X 5m.
- Number of structures = 10
- Type of construction = R.C.C
- Site Engineer = Jagjit Singh
- Nature of Site = commercial
- Project cost (excluding material) = INR 40 Lakhs (4 million)
Here are a few pictures.
As the structure rises above the base, the soil is filled using a JCB machine so that a working ground can be built for workers.
Excavation is more than five meters wide so that a wide raft can be constructed and workers have some space to build. Don’t worry, the slopes are stable. Formwork: Steel.